Acoustic Guitar Resources:
Acoustic Guitar Periodicals
Periodicals With Acoustic Guitar Emphasis
- Acoustic Guitar
- Fingerstyle Guitar
Fingerstyle Guitar Publications
7620 Delmonico Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Subscription rates ($US) US, $28, Canada/Mexico $37, Otherwise $68
Subscriptions include a CD with each issue containing all the music
transcribed in that issue, played by the original artists.
- Fingerstyle Guitar Quarterly (???)
- Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Online
- The official web site for Flatpicking Guitar Magazine,
"The Complete Flatpicking Resource," offering info about the magazine
(TOC, subscription ifno, list of distributors), online reviews of
music and gear, an events calendar, a national (US) directory of flatpicking
instructors, and collections of links. A very nice site for a very
new (1st issue fall '96) magazine.
- Mugwumps Instrument Herald
- Though not specifically focused on acoustic guitar, this online
version of a magazine previously published in print provides classifieds
for buying, selling, and trading acoustic instruments, as well as
articles on vintage instruments, instrument identification (e.g.,
serial number lists), and repair tips and techniques.
- Guitar Extra (o/p)
- Frets (o/p)
Periodicals With Some Acoustic Guitar Content
- Acoustic Musician
- Includes coverage of artists who play a variety of acoustic
instruments, and columns/lessons for players of various instruments.
including acoustic guitar.
- A weekly electronic mail newsletter discussing music technology for
guitars and other stringed instruments including bass, violin, and
Chapman stick. Back issues are archived.
- Guitar Player (Gopher site)
- Guitar World Magazine
- Progression: The Future
of Music and Guitar
- Music, arts, and culture magazine with a guitar slant. Excerpts
available on line.
- Total Guitar
(British online magazine)
- Vintage Guitar
Magazine Home Page
- Guitar Techniques Magazine (UK)
- ??? GT newsgroup
- Just Jazz Guitar Magazine
- Music Trades Magazine
- Guitar Nine Records
- A bimonthly online magazine produced by this Raleigh, North Carolina
record label providing guitar-related links as well
as columns on guitar technique, studio recording, and artistic inspiration.
Archives of past and current columns are kept online. The site hosts
Spanish and English versions.
Tom Loredo /