PKC: The Official Newsletter of the Phil Keaggy Club
Volume 4, Number 1, Summer 1996
The Summer 96 (Volume 4, number 1) issue of PKC, the
official newsletter of the Phil Keaggy Club, became available in June
1996. Among its 8 glossy pages are the following items:
Of course, the newsletter also includes the latest tour itinerary
and ordering and subscription information, and numerous other tidbits
and reflections. If you want to know more about it, well...
join the club!
- Close Up On Technique
- Phil describes his use of the Lexicon JamMan looping sampler.
- Dear Phil
- A touching letter of appreciation to Phil on the occassion of
his 45th birthday, from fan Jane Skon.
- About That Guitar
- A description of the new Parker Fly electric guitar (with piezo
pickups!) that Phil has used recently both in concert an in the
studio for the upcoming album, 220.
- Lick of the Quarter
- Not a "lick" this quarter, but a whole song: Dan Libertino's
transcription of "Evensong" from The Master And The Musician,
including Phil's reflection on the song's origins (it originally had
lyrics, reproduced in this issue!).
- Catching Up With Phil
- John Schroeter talks with Phil about his recent performance at
the Gospel Music Association convention, and about the concept and
working out of Phil's new album, 220.
- A track-by-track
description of Phil's upcoming electric instrumental release,
Back to Way Back Home...
Tom Loredo /